01 October 2014

Not Home Yet

Something we don't like to do as human beings is roam for too long.

Even the most vagabond-ish person, would like to have something stable and comfortable.  We all long for home.  I hate to break it to ya, but you're not home yet.

I just moved this past weekend from my house of 4 1/2 years to stay with a friend and her family.  You know all the complaints I've been doing about being able to afford my rent (in public housing, believe it or not) and save money.  A good friend of mine offered for me to stay with her, so that I could save money for a little while and get back out there again.

I've experienced a range of emotions in the last month.  I was distressed that my rent had spiked and I could no longer afford it.  Trust me, if there was any more cutting back I could do...I would have.  I have been operating on the bare minimum (with a couple very small unnecessaries).  The idea of moving from my supposed stable, government-funded home for that of uncertain future possibilities scares the crap out of me.

Did I really have to pack up a three-bedroom home and move into a room in someone else's home?  What about all the stuff that I've accumulated over the years?  It is true, that I started out with nothing. I've been working hard, and whatnot, but that really isn't the point.

The point is that this earth is not our final destination.  We're just passing through.  The pains joys of moving is one of those reminders that we will be given a home that we don't have to build.  You also can't forget that you're not in control anyway.

Trust me, if there is anyone that knows about control...it would be me.

Seriously.  Every time I think I've got this great plan...you know...the one that will finally work out.  Something changes.  Making me realize that no matter the plans I have for myself, I can't plan anything better than God.  It's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment