02 January 2024

Time Flies

Early this morning, I'm dropping off my boy at the airport.

We had such a good visit.

These years of having to visit with my kiddos and send them back have been difficult.

I've questioned whether my time with them was beneficial to them. I struggled with wanting more for them. And I've had a hard time understanding why God would give them to me, only to keep them from me full-time.

It is by God's grace that these send-offs have become easier over time. "See you later" really feels like we'll see each other again. And I've been able to see that my mothering (even from a distance) has been real and beneficial to my babies.

God also used the time spent apart to grow and develop me. I've learned so much over these years and I believe I'm better off for them as I am now.

I'm looking forward to future visits and all the things we'll get into!



No comments:

Post a Comment